Dr. Margot Weinstein, CIPS, TRC
Founder & CEO, MW Leadership Consultants LLC
Active Broker, Metropolitan Real Estate Group
For twenty years, Dr. Margot Weinstein, EdD was vice president of a commercial real estate company based in Illinois, Kingston Group Inc., where she was responsible for overseeing all areas of the business. She received a “Good Neighbors’ Award” as a co-developer of Silver Oaks by the Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR). While working in commercial real estate and raising four children, Margot completed her doctor of education degree from Northern Illinois University (specializing in teaching and counseling adults). She was initiated into Kappa Delta PI International Honor Society in Education, and her dissertation was nominated as the dissertation of the year. She has earned two masters’ degrees, the Certified International Property Specialist Designation (CIPS), the Transnational Referral Certification (TRC), a broker and CE Instructor’s Licenses.
Margot founded and is CEO of MW Leadership Consultants LLC to provide extraordinary programs to help real estate professionals acquire the competitive-edge in the business. She specializes in real estate issues, leadership strategies, and career techniques. Her programs provide a unique blend of insight she gains from her business experiences, her education and training, and from her interviews with hundreds of leaders worldwide including Sam Zell, Equity Group Investments, Barbara Corcoran, Corcoran Group and on Shark Tank, and David Simon, Simon Malls. Margot’s latest book, “Real Estate Success: 12 Leadership Strategies to Make Money Regardless of the Global Economy” contains her award winning leadership strategies along with 28 interviews from leaders worldwide. It has been used as a textbook in real estate programs; it is available on www.Amazon.com.
Here are seven things you need to know about the REALTOR® University professor, Dr. Margot Weinstein, EdD
- Margot has a passion for real estate and a passion for teaching. Margot’s teaching style utilizes the knowledge as an active broker into her courses. She is a broker and director of training for Metropolitan Real Estate Group.
- Margot has taught at a variety of universities throughout the U.S., Europe and Russia. A few of her clients include the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, University of Helsinki, Northern Illinois University, John Marshall Law School, DePaul University, Cornell University, Homburg-UWI, and Roosevelt University. She is a visiting faculty for Realtor® University’s online MBA program, where she designs and teaches marketing and investment courses.
- Margot is a Signature Series Speaker for the Commercial Alliance for the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). She has presented her program to organizations and associations including Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®, Illinois Association of REALTORS®, American Invesco, PricewaterhouseCoopers, to name a few.
- As a lifelong learner, Margot loves doing research and writing in the field. She has authored or co-authored over 300 articles and 15 books including many peer reviewed papers (for details see CV on www.drmargotweinstein.com). Margot has received three best paper awards from the American Real Estate Society (ARES): 2014, 2008, and 2006.
- For the past ten years, Margot is a fellow and co-chair of the Career Placement Committee for the American Real Estate Society (ARES); where she co-writes two newsletters per year and helps to maintain the career placement website. She has been a Member of Global Real Estate Forum by CAR, where she was the 2014-2015 Chair and a Member of The Chicago and Midwest Council of FIABCI-USA, in which she was the 2012 President.
- Margot always seeks opportunities to improve her techniques. In 2017, she earned the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) Award, the highest achievement from Toastmasters International for completion of the program on leadership development and presentation competencies.
- Margot especially enjoys teaching marketing courses to new and seasoned real estate professionals, because REALTORS® learn marketing techniques in class, especially new technologies, which they can apply directly to their business. Students learn how to do a market analysis and design a marketing plan specifically for their business.