This post was originally featured on The Member’s Edge Blog on May 11, 2015.
The latest class of Master of Real Estate (MRE) degree recipients from REALTOR® University were honored at the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo May 11-16 in Washington, D.C. This class of MRE recipients, as well as soon-to-be recipients, featured students who were able to focus on areas of study directly relevant to their business and career goals.
Earning a degree from REALTOR® University is a significant achievement, particularly for those who are balancing many other work-life challenges while continuing their pursuit of higher education. While working toward their degrees, most students manage many additional responsibilities including full time jobs, caring for their families and managing community commitments, among other things. Those who finish the program earn much more than just a credential; they also gain an exceptional advantage in the real estate industry.
There is a significant positive relationship between education and success in real estate. In her winning Capstone Project from the 2014 graduating class at REALTOR® University, Tami McHugh, MRE, examined the link between educational attainment and top producing real estate professionals in her native Idaho.
Higher learning is certainly not a prerequisite for success in the real estate industry, but McHugh’s findings show the value to real estate professionals when considering a post-graduate education. Click here to review an infographic that sums up McHugh’s important conclusions, along with other important studies regarding higher education and professional success.
The Importance of Real Estate Continuing Education
According to an article published by the Chicago Real Estate Institute, being a successful real estate agent or broker not only relies on customer relationships or the ability to close a sale, but also on a continuing intake of knowledge concerning developing trends or advancements in the field. By learning more about the importance of real estate continuing education for personal career development, enhancing your success and satisfaction in your real estate career is very achievable.
About the MRE Program:
REALTOR® University’s MRE program features five concentrations: Asset & Property Management; Association Management; Residential Sales, Marketing and Management; Appraisal and Valuation Services and Commercial Real Estate Investment and Analysis.
- Real Estate Asset and Property Management—features studies in real estate as an asset, property management strategies, property management and maintenance and growth strategies for real estate management companies.
- Residential Real Estate Sales, Marketing and Management—features course work in real estate brokerage management, transaction management, performance measurement and marketing.
- Real Estate Association Management—features key studies such as real estate association management I, Real Estate Association Management I: governance and leadership, real estate association management II: association financial management, program development and accountability in real estate associations, internet technologies in real estate and issues and trends in real estate.
- Real Estate Appraisal and Valuation Services—features core learning of real estate appraisal and valuation services, legal and ethical issues in real estate appraisal, statistical methods in real estate appraisal and international valuation standards.
- Commercial Real Estate Investment and Analysis—features investment acquisition and disposition strategies consistent with identified portfolio strategies and style. Overviews of fund marketing tools, techniques and institutional target markets are discussed.