The Richard J. Rosenthal Center for Real Estate Studies was established to solicit, fund and produce impartial, practical and applied research on topics and issues of importance to real estate practitioners, to the real estate industry, to policymakers and other interested constituencies. All of the research we produce is of the highest academic rigor, conducted by leading academic experts from the finest universities across the country, and is peer reviewed by a distinguished editorial review panel for its theoretical and methodological soundness.
While the research is rigorous, we strive to present work that steps beyond the theoretical and methodological to the practical and applied. It is our highest priority to make research available and accessible to a wide audience.
We publish the Journal of the Center for Real Estate Studies three times annually. The journal includes Center-sponsored research as well as articles on a variety of issues and topics of interest to the real estate community.
We have several new research projects in the pipeline this year, including: 1) the effects of commercial development on residential property values; 2) building a dynamic housing affordability index; 3) the impact of high-powered storms on coastal real estate; 4) the changing landscape in office demand and utilization; and, 5) international investment in commercial real estate in North America. Additional projects are under consideration by our Research Policy & Advisory Committee.
We know you appreciate the scholarly, practical, and applied research the Center is known for. We can do much more with your help. We hope you will consider supporting the Rosenthal Center in its mission to deliver timely and practical research to the real estate community. We offer a number of ways to participate – from single research projects to full, ongoing research programs – and we would be happy to discuss them with you at any time.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your consideration.
- $5,000 will partially sponsor a Research Project. The Center will be happy to work with you in identifying current or expected projects where your support will be of the greatest benefit to you.
- $10,000 will sponsor one Research Fellow to conduct research in a specific area for one year. Fellowships enable the sponsor to define and to benefit from academic research and the Fellow gains valuable industry-related experience.
- $15,000 will fully sponsor a Research Project. The Center will be happy to work with you in defining the research and in finding the best academic research teams to do the work.
- $25,000 will partially sponsor a Research Program. The Center will be happy to discuss plans for large scale research programs that consist of several separate studies or a single long-term, large scale project. These programs are generally co-branded with the Rosenthal Center and other entities and organizations.
- $50,000 or more will help sponsor a FULL Research Program. The Center will work with you in defining the nature and scope of a large scale research program that consists of several separate studies or a single long-term, large scale project. These programs are generally branded under a full program sponsor, in agreement with the Rosenthal Center.
- If you would like to help with the Center’s Research Efforts, your contribution of $___________ will help us continue.
To donate, contact:
Laura Davis, Richard J Rosenthal Center for Real Estate Studies
430 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
LDavis@realtors.org / 312-329-8612