Dale Carlton, of Carlton Realty, Inc., in Fayetteville, Ark, has been in real estate since the mid 90’s, and he has sold over $150 million in real estate. Before he opened his own company, Carlton was Sr. Vice President and Executive Broker of one of the largest real estate companies in Arkansas where they completed over $3 billion in real estate sales. Dale is best known as a national instructor teaching real estate law, finance, tax law and marketing courses. Carlton is also a partner with Hearthstone Law, PLLC law firm in Fayetteville, Arkansas
He is a CRS Certified Instructor, a licensed attorney and an Associate Professor with REALTOR® University’s Master of Real Estate (MRE) Program teaching Real Estate Law and Broker Management. Carlton was sworn in as president-elect of the Council of Residential Specialists on Nov. 9, 2014.
Dale is not only an experienced educator, but is also actively working within the industry. You will enjoy his high-energy, humorous and knowledgeable presentation.
* * *
Here are 9 things you need to know about Dale Carlton and his Real Estate Law Class
- Dale Carlton is a practicing REALTOR® (17 years), attorney (14 years) and national speaker (10 years). Carlton earned his BA from Ouachita Baptist University and his JD from the University of Arkansas.
- Carlton actually wrote the curriculum for five of the REALTOR® University Master of Real Estate courses, including:
- RE520 – Real Estate Law
- REMM560 – Real Estate Broker Management
- REMM570 – Real Estate Transactional Management
- REMM580 – Brokerage Reporting and Performance Measurement
- BC520 – Business Law
- Two of Carlton’s favorite topics to teach are 1) knowing and understanding obligations of disclosure, and 2) duties of landowners to other people.
- In the essential RE520 course just a few of the topics you’ll cover include landlord tenant laws, lease obligations, property defects, land use, ownership laws, contracts, and government regulations—you may be surprised by all the possibilities!
- As a professor, lawyer, and REALTOR®, Carlton believes the greatest advantage of RE520 – Real Estate Law is the immediate, daily application of the material. Essentially your homework on Tuesday can help you at work on Wednesday!
- If you’ve worked with a tenant or landlord, then you should pay particular attention to this class. Here we’ll examine landlord-tenant law, exploring what rights and obligations each party has to the other. Students in Carlton’s class have the knowledge to reworke and rewrite leases on the job to better help and protect their own tenants.
- RE 520 – Real Estate Law is comprised of theoretical and practical learning. Three quizzes, one exam, and two legal writing papers makeup the course curriculum, as well as the reading, understand, and application of actual law cases.
- Typical time commitment for this class is roughly 15-20 hours a week.
- Dale Carlton will be teaching RE520 – Real Estate Law in REALTOR® University’s March Session. A great opportunity to learn from a well-known and well-respected teacher!